Introducing AutoCAD 2018
Another year has gone by, and we’ve been working hard to bring you innovative CAD features to help you design the next aerodynamic bike, energy-efficient building, high-speed railway, or anything else you can dream up. That’s why we’re excited to bring you AutoCAD 2018.
In this latest release of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT, you’re able to:
- Create and share precise drawings with innovative productivity tools.
- Save time and minimize frustration with simple tools to fix broken paths for externally referenced files.
- Use the SHX text recognition tool to quickly convert imported PDF geometry to text objects.
- See significant improvements in the performance of AutoCAD—including in 3D navigation when zooming and panning.
- Take the power of AutoCAD with you wherever you go with an easy-to-use mobile app (included when you subscribe to any AutoCAD product).
Allyn Tidball, owner of Allyn C. Tidball, P.E. and a beta tester, said, “I tend to value most changes to AutoCAD which improve my day-by-day, hour-by-hour, minute-by-minute use and production efficiency. AutoCAD 2018 has many (what I would call) high-value, low-profile improvements. Several are the type which are invisible during the ‘heat of battle,’ but will improve my production. Flashy new features are probably great for marketing, but I want to thank the Autodesk team for providing many improvements that I value much, much more in this release.”
Check out our AutoCAD LT 2018 overview video here.
If you’re on an AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT 2017 subscription license or maintenance plan, you’ll get all your updates as they become available, right in the Autodesk Desktop App. Just accept the update, and you’ll be up and running with the new features immediately.
With this release, there are a host of new features that I’ve outlined in detail in the AutoCAD 2018 Preview Guide. Some key updates include: